Friday, June 15, 2012

I Made it Somewhere Warm!



So finally I get around to updating what I've been up to for the last few months.  It's been quite the roller-coaster, but I've finally landed somewhere.  That somewhere is Tampa, more specifically South Pasadena.   2 miles away from the apartment I'm in - St Petersburg Beach!  1/2 mile from the apartment complex - Pasadena Marina.   The weather is warm, the water is close, and I see boats everywhere :)

As part of the move I was able to get a few things accomplished that will help out with my eventual liveaboard goal.   FIrst thing - got rid of a ton of stuff!!  It is truly amazing how many things we accumulate over the years.  It is even more amazing (or is that depressing) how much of that stuff we don't use.

The second thing, that I hope will help fund some cruising kitty, is my house in Ohio is rented out.  I still have to get the thing paid off, but going forward I plan on using that to supply me with some steady income (albeit not a lot) so I can sail, sail, sail away (insert favorite boating related song here!).

Now for the fun part.  I have an apartment lease for a year.  It's time to start looking at marinas, boats, and build some sailing skills.   All things that I hope to be able to update this blog with.  The problem lately has been the new job has been incredibly hectic, and no internet at the apartment yet, so I've had limited access to do some updates.  Weak excuse I know, but an excuse nonetheless :)

Well that's it for now - sitting in a cafe doing this quickly before I'm off.    But this is where I live now - the other side of this pic is water!!  Yep - the apartment complex is next to water.   Chris is happy :)



2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are in the temperate zone! Take it nice and slow as you methodically move forward.

    Stop by Jax sometime! I have the care and custody of a 41 foot sailing vessel...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You better be careful with your offers because I will take you up on that. Jacksonville can't be that far away from Tampa. Sounds like a good weekend trip :)

      Delete