Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I'm getting old


No, no - it's not mine!  My daughter turned 17 today.  Next year she turns 18 and she's off to college.  That will make both kids off to school - and means dad will be left all on his own with nobody to watch over him!  It makes me look back and think about the stuff I've done and haven't done in my life.  Sure there are some regrets, but I look at my 2 kids, and they are both thoughtful, kind kids and I realize that I didn't mess them up too bad :)   And now my daughter is talking about going into pre-med, so now my retirement plan is in place !! :)

By this time next year with my daughter off to college, and my son on his second year, I want to be moving onto a boat sitting in a marina here on the "lovely" Ohio river.  So I'll hold the 2 or 3 people that actually read this blog accountable for keeping me on track! :)  It won't be the warm weather that some of the cruisers enjoy, but it will be the start.


1 comment:

  1. LOL...I like your retirement plan! I just had a similar conversation with my 7 year old (her idea)...and she wants to be a hairdresser. At least I will have good hair in my retirement :-).

    ReplyDelete